Special public transport services and mobility restrictions due to the mediterranean games
Here you can read all the relevant information on mobility around the Nou Estadi due to the opening ceremony of the XVIII Mediterranean Games Tarragona 2018, next Firday June 22ndcategory: mobility
· The Nou Estadi doors will open at 18:00. All the attendees much be in their seat before the 20:40. Therefore, all the attendees are asked to arrive as soon as possible.
· The Municipal Transport Enterprise (EMT) will offer a shuttle bus service from 1 Pere Martell street to the facilities of the Nou Estadi (close to the ITV building). The service will be available from 17:30 to 20:15, with an approximate frequency of 10 minutes. The service will cost the same as the usual ticket. Once the ceremony is over, approximately at 23:00, the EMT will provide a special service from Nou Estadi that will move the attendees to the city centre, the North area or the areas of the Ponent.
· Tarragona City Council will encourage all citizens to use public transport during the Mediterranean Games, especially for the opening ceremony. Besides the shuttle service to arrive at the Nou Estadi, the regular 8, 11 and 12 line services can also be used since they stop close to the stadium too.
· For all those using their private vehicles, it is important to remember that the 1 164 road of the A7 motorway will be closed. Therefore, the three routes accessed on private vehicle will be Via Augusta, Arrabassada beach and the road to Catllar of A7 motorway.
· As for the parking service, there will be a parking area available from 16:00 for both cars and motorbikes in the old circular road.
· People with mobility limitations can park in the usual carpark of the Nàstic facilities, but they will have to produce the identifying card.
· As for the mobility in Arrabassada zone, from this Tuesday, June 19th parking will be forbidden in J. V. Foix street. The neighbours of the Ermita de la Salud will be given access from the Narcís Oller street.
As for the mobility in the rest of the facilities of the Games, it is important to remark that:
· To access the Mediterranean Ring the use of public transport is recommended. The EMT offers a special service, with the usual fee, that will connect, from June 22nd to July 1st, the stop at 1 Pere Martell street with the Polideportivo (Riu Siurana st.). The service will be daily from 08:30 to 22:20. Likewise, the regular service of line 6 will be also operating, with nearby stops.
· Those people wanting to access the Mediterranean Ring with their private vehicle must enter through the carpark available on the T-11 motorway, the Gavarres roundabout and the Camí de la Coma.
· People with mobility limitations will have a reserved space in the street Riu Siurana.
· This week the parking restrictions will start in Riu Siurana street and will go on for the rest of the Games. Only authorised residents, organisation personnel, public transport and people with mobility limitations can access the street.
· Local citizen can visit and promenade along the Ring although they do not hold any competition ticket. There will be security controls checking that none is accessing with big bags or dangerous objects.
· As for the access to Arrabassada beach, the competition venue for beach volleyball, parking in the area will be forbidden from June 26th to 30th. During the three competitions days (June 28th- 30th) the Arrabasada seafront promenade will only have a one-way flow (towards Ponent). The use of public transport is recommended (regular services of lines 8, 11 and 12).
· As for the access to Club Tennis Tarragona, hosting the tennis competition, it is recommended to access the area using the regular service of the lines 11, 12 and 13. Parking will be forbidden in the street of the tennis competition from June 26th to 30th.
· As for the Camp de Mart access, the venue for 3×3 basketball, parking will be forbidden in Maria Cristina avenue (in the section that goes from Sant Pau School to Escultor Verderol street) during the competition days (from June 27th to 29th). Accessing with public transport is recommended, lines 21 and 22 of the EMT busses can be used.
· In Tarraco Arena Plaça access, the setting for volleyball competition, parking will be forbidden in the contiguous sections of the Jaume I street and Pere Martell street from June 22nd to July 1st. In order to access the area, many lines with stops at Pere Martell, Colom and Ramon y Cajal can be used.
· In order to enjoy the Water skiing event, on June 23rd and 24th in Marina Port Tarraco, there will not be any restriction. The area can be accessed using the EMT bus lines 21, 22, 23 and 41.
· As for El Serallo pavilion, one of the women’s volleyball competition, parking will be forbidden in the contiguous sections of Josep Català, Xavier Montsalvatge and Josep M. Malato street from June 22nd to 30th. The area can be accessed on public transport using the EMT lines 21, 22 and 41.
· For the shooting events, hosted in Sant Salvador Shooting range and Sant Salvador Pavilion, the facilities can be accessed using EMT line 5 and 85. On June 23rd and 24th parking will be forbidden in the Stadium street.
· Last, as for the half marathon event, played on Saturday June 30th, a specific press note will be released with different mobility restrictions.